In case you missed it, in December 2016, a software update to CoCoSDC and SDC-DOS was released. You can find it under “Latest Firmware” on this page:
SDC-DOS is now up to version 1.14 and includes the following changes:
- AUTOEXEC. If “AUTOEXEC.BAS” if found on a mounted disk image, it will automatically run on startup. Holding down SPACE on startup will bypass this. (I think Kenton’s RGB-DOS did this?)
- EXP. A new “EXP” command has been added. It will mount an image called “SDCEXP.DSK” and, if present, run “AUTOEXEC.BAS” from that image.
- DEF DW. You can now specify DriveWire baud rates.
- WRITE/COPY MEM. These commands can now write to flash pages $FExx on a CoCo 3.
- RUN @bank. Code to select and execute one of the virtual ROM banks has been rewritten to make it more compatible with various ROMs.
- DSKINI. Fixes a bug where drive motor could remain on when using a CoCoSDC and a real floppy controller at the same time.
The update comes with a .DSK image that you mount and then run a utility which will take care of the upgrade.
Nice! I just started setting my CoCo system back up, and will be trying this out soon.